11.05.2007

You walk on my subjects


You don't know this, but I take pictures of carpets. I had to type that out to see if it sounded any less sad than when I say it out loud. It doesn't. Let me try again. Hi, I take pictures of carpets. Hmm, maybe if I jazz it up a little. Why yes I am a photographer. What's that? Oh, you know, carpets, rugs, floor coverings in general.

I had to actually step back and question myself today on how I would light a bamboo rug so the light would rake off it leaving the slightest, natural glow. My professionalism in this matter astounds me. I work in a "studio" in the back of a warehouse by myself about once every two weeks and work with what I must say are very easy going models. They don't ask for bathroom or smoke breaks. They are perfectly comfortable just laying there flat on the ground. There's no problem that can't be fixed by an iron or some tape.

You can try and find what I have been doing at import flooring but I have no idea which one's I have done at this point. Well, ok, so far it is 11 rugs and 30 tile samples. It's not creative, but it's a paycheck. Look out Hollywood. I have arrived.

No comments: