10.31.2007

You are all best supporting roles in my dreams

I was running. It was a clearing with woods on either side. The path had some turns in it but was for the most part straight. The running was all intercut with what was to follow. A girl about my age ran up next to me. She was dressed in a yellow and red spandex type outfit with small yellow wings behind each ear, much like Mercury, the Roman messanger god. As she paced next to me she told me I would have a much better chance at winning if I would stop pulling up the path. As I looked down, I realized I was moving forward by pulling up the ground and pulling myself forward, much like a cartoon, except when they run the ground goes up behind them. I was using the rubbery ground to propel myself forward. After she informed me that, she started to run ahead of me. I pulled and pulled faster than ever and then eventually stopped and just started running normally. I diminished the distance between us and passed her right as I crossed through the finish line tape. Now for the intercutting part.

I found myself walking through a large house that I have never been to before. It held as many people as it possibly could, all of whom I knew. People from all periods of my life. People I see on a regular basis. People I haven't seen in years. As I wound my way through the crowded house, everyone just smiled and nodded their heads slightly. I knew why all these people were here. It was common knowledge. I had decided to kill myself and they were going to see me off. They didn't come to stop me or cheer me on. They came just to be there. The amount of people was overwhelming. As I made my way to the stairs, I came across my father, except he looked nothing like my father. He shook my hand and said he wises I didn't have to do it, but he understands and he'll miss me. I felt like I was floating through the house with a smile on my face as I nodded back to all the people in my life. I made my way up the stairs, which were also crowded, and heard my mother crying. I never got a look at her face, but she was on the ground in a room upstairs surrounded by more people. She was crying because she knew what was going to happen. I tried to keep the smile on my face, but kept breaking into a crying face. I put my hand on my mothers back and told her it was going to be alright. I had decided not to kill myself afterall. The people's reactions didn't really change.

Next thing I know I am at a Jack in the Box with some of the people from the house. It is just as packed and I am sitting in a booth in the middle catching up with a friend from high school.

No comments: