9.17.2007

Back to the Past

Lately I have been thinking. I try to shy away from such strenuous activities, but it has been unavoidable recently. What I can't stop thinking about is life back then. My life back then, not like, back in the 50s. Back in St. Louis. Back where everything seemed to make sense and was easier. The last house I lived in just sold. The amount of memories attached with it are infinite. My roomate and I would joke about if things didn't work out in LA, we always had the lodge to go back to. I could never do that, but entertaining the thought was comforting.

Something hit me while driving down the freeway the other day. That seems to give ample amount to reflect since 75% of life in Los Angeles is driving on the freeway. I tried to figure out what it was that was missing. I stumbled across a big answer. Back in St. Louis, if I was on a highway, there was a good chance that I was either going to see some friends, or I was going home from seeing friends. I don't do that here. Back home I would know that I would soon be greated by a familiar smiling face. Here I am greeted by the mound of hassle that accompanies every trip out the house.

I'm not really sure what happened. Maybe it is being use to hosting house parties every week and now having none. Maybe it is the cost of living. Maybe it is just being out of college. Maybe it is the friends and lack there of. Something has changed. Something even greater will change at the end of November when I move as well.

No comments: