10.16.2007

Mandatory Getaway

While filling up my car for 3.29 a gallon, breathing nothing but pure McDonald fumes, and looking around at all the buildings and concrete, I have realized that I need to get away. We all need to get away. Let's all take a vacation. Wait. No. If we all do that, we will still be crowded, just in a better place. How about I just take a vacation? Ok. I want to be out where nothing else is. This may seem strange coming from someone who needs everything they need or don't need at their fingertips at all time, but wouldn't it be grand to not have a gas station or a McDonalds or whatever for miles and miles. Somewhere magical where you can't hear people honking. Somewhere where the same lady doesn't run up to you saying it is an emergency holding out her hand for money. Ahhhhh to dream.

On another note, I just killed 10+ maggots in our kitchen.
On a directly related note, I have signed a lease on a new place and will be moving in next week.

On the most important note, I just caught wind that it is Mohawktober. I have attempted it myself. Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Old Aunt Amy said...

New! Apartment! I consider this a victory. Congratulations and I can't believe I didn't see this hair business when you were at my house for eleventy-twelve seconds.